Computational Systems Biological Analysis of Medicinal Plants Data Aimed at Drug Discovery
I am a PhD student with CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology. I have been trained in biotechnology and bioinformatics with an MTech in Bioinformatics from Department of Biotechnology, GNDU. I worked on PhD thesis titled, "Computational Systems Biological Analysis of Medicinal Plants Data Aimed at Drug Discovery" (Thesis submitted in September 2016).
Publications from PhD thesis research:
- Shivalika Pathania*, Ganesh Bagler*, Paramvir Ahuja, “Differential network analysis reveals evolutionary complexity in secondary metabolism of Rauvolfia serpentina over Catharanthus roseus”, Frontiers in Plant Sciences, 7: 1229 (2016).
- Shivalika Pathania, Vinay Randhawa, and Ganesh Bagler*, “Prospecting for novel plant-derived molecules of Rauvolfia serpentina as inhibitors of Aldose Reductase, a potent drug target for diabetes and its complications”, PLoS ONE, 8(4): e61327 (2013).
- Shivalika Pathania, Sai Mukund Ramakrishnan, Ganesh Bagler*, “Phytochemica: A platform to explore phytochemicals of medicinal plants”, Database (Oxford University Press) (2015).
- Shivalika Pathania, Sai Mukund Ramakrishnan, Vinay Randhawa, Ganesh Bagler*, “SerpentinaDB: a database of plant-derived molecules of Rauvolfia serpentina”, BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 15: 262 (2015).
- Shivalika Pathania, Vishal Acharya, “Computational analysis of '-omics' data to identify transcription factors regulating secondary metabolism in Rauvolfia serpentina”, Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, 34(1), 283 (2015).